February has been SO rubbish in terms of blogging. I have been really busy and just changed jobs so it’s been a bit crazy. I anticipated to have loads of fun posts this month but sometimes you just can’t make it happen. Anyway…I would like to introduce my second GIRLBOSS guests, THE SQUIRREL SISTERS!
Sophie and Gracie Tyrell run the Squirrel Sisters blog and are also the creators of the delicious squirrel bars. They are my FAVOURITE snack bar and come in flavours including Coconut Cashew, Cacao Brownie, Raspberry Ripple & Cacao Orange. Can you guess which one I love most!? The girls focus on living a healthy, balanced lifestyle and have some amazing recipes and health + wellness tips on their blog.
I caught up with Sophie and Gracie to find out what they have been loving recently and to find out what’s coming up next for the SQUIRREL SISTERS!
1. What’s your go-to green smoothie recipe? It doesn’t end up looking that green but a favourite smoothie at the moment is: kale, berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries), water or almond milk. Simple but delicious.
2. I LOVE squirrel bars, especially coconut + cashew! Will we be seeing any further flavours or products from you this year? You will…we are aiming to launch our new product in April so keep your eyes peeled.
3. What is the one thing you NEVER miss in your morning routine? GRACIE – I never forget to moisturise, I always use a moisturiser with SPF as well to keep my skin protected throughout the day. SOPHIE – My morning cup of herbal tea (I can’t go in for caffeine too early).
4. What are your favourite beauty and skincare products at the moment? GRACIE – I love Kiehls Avocado Creamy Eye Treatment and also love Westlab Detox Salts. SOPHIE – The Neals Yard Rose Facial Oil. My skin always gets a bit dry in the winter so putting this on at night always helps.
5. There’s been a squirrel wedding recently (and another to come I believe), what advice would you give to all the brides to be out there? Our advice would be to remember that your wedding day is not about anyone but YOU two so don’t let anyone make decisions for you, make you feel stressed or guilty…do what you two want to do because it’s your day and no one else’s. From our own experience weddings can bring out the worst side of people so just remember to ignore it as it’s your day, the biggest day of your life and you will never get that day again so make sure it’s what you want, not what other people want. Another piece of advice would be to make sure you two get a moment alone together on the day; the whole day will be overwhelming and everyone will want to talk to you so before you know it you haven’t actually spent anytime with each other so make sure you have some alone time planned in advance.
6. Do you have any fun exercise classes that you attend regularly? We both recently tried out KOBOX recently and it was by far the best class we’ve ever done. We were stiff for a good few days afterwards.
7. What do you LOVE to indulge in? GRACIE – Pizza and Red Wine. I am loving Franco Manca at the moment, they use slow-rising sourdough for the bases which make them so delicious and the toppings are so fresh. SOPHIE – Dark Chocolate, Red Wine + Cheese.
8. Have you been reading any great books recently? We are both really into audiobooks at the moment, they are a great way to pass the time on the morning commute. Both of us really enjoyed ‘The Diet Myth’ by Tim Spector. We highly recommend reading this (or listening to it). It’s really fascinating and will teach you a lot.
9. Where is the best place you have both travelled to? GRACIE – Santorini, Greece. It was absolutely stunning. SOPHIE – Italy. I love the culture, food, beaches and the prosecco!
10. What’s your favourite dish to cook at the moment? GRACIE – I have been making kale + chicken curry recently using lots of spices and herbs. I will be putting the recipe on our blog soon! It’s really filling, delicious and good for you. SOPHIE – I’ve been enjoying lots of comforting, warm dishes recently (with the cold weather) like soups and stews, which I make in my slow cooker.
Check out the blog for more healthy and nutritious recipes (and to purchase some squirrel bars)! My favourites are Matcha Porridge & Kale Soup.
Thanks Squirrel Sisters for taking part in my GIRLBOSS series! Can’t wait to find out what the new product is, eeeee. #TREATYOURHEALTH
PEACE, LOVE + COCONUTS.