I have some news. I’m having a BABY! I still can’t quite believe it myself. I wake up each morning and think, shit I’m actually pregnant. I’ve been waiting for the perfect opportunity to announce it to the world and I feel like today is the day! I’m also starting to show a teeny bit so can’t really hide it for much longer…
Here’s my first five (and honest) thoughts I had when I found out –
- OMG I’m the fourth bridesmaid to announce I am pregnant. My poor friend Alex has had not 1, 2 or 3 of her bridesmaids announce that they are expecting but 4! I always thought things came in threes, clearly I was wrong.
- Brilliant! I’ve just bought two amazing MARA HOFFMAN bikinis which I will probably NEVER EVER be able to wear again. Good news, I tried on all my holiday swimwear yesterday and it ALL still fits. Yipeeeeeee.
- I don’t want to get fat. Can I still do pilates? I love pilates. It turns out yes I can, phew.
- This year was going to be SO fun and now I have two hen dos (one in Palma + one in Ibiza) and am bridesmaid for two of my best friends so two weddings without drinking and waddling around in the heat.
- Oooo but I can buy those fringe baby moccasins I always see on Instagram…and the rainbow crochet baby blanket I saw a baby with in Ibiza.
After copious amounts of tears over every upcoming event I have for the next nine months, I came round to the idea and realised I am incredibly blessed to be pregnant and that everything happens for a reason.
The first twelve weeks (as they are for most people) have been pretty hideous. I haven’t actually been sick but have felt nauseous 24/7 especially in the evenings and the exhaustion is like jet lag times 100. I also developed an obsession with beef and horseradish sandwiches. Oh and my boobs have pretty much doubled in size, I used to long for big boobs and now I am longing that they don’t get any bigger. Oh and I’m getting a hairy belly, it just gets better and better!
I’m now fourteen weeks and my baby is the size of a peach (yes I’m that wankie person and I don’t even care). I literally feel like a new person now that my sickness has eased and I have all my energy back, YAY! I’m back into exercising too and I feel really good.
BABY MASSINI is due early December. CHRISTMAS PUDDING in the making!
I’ll be posting about my pregnancy on the blog along with how I figure out pregnancy style and everything else in between!
PEACE, LOVE + A BABY COCONUT.