When people asked me how my retreat was, my answer was…”it was literally the best thing I have EVER done” and I mean that. A few weeks ago I took myself off to the beautiful island of IBIZA to attend a Pilates retreat for 5 days which was hosted by Lottie Murphy + Kimberly Parsons. Lottie is a Pilates Teacher and Kim is a Chef + Naturopath. I went alone (there were 10 guests in total) plus Mama Murphy, Chloe (who was there to offer Reflexology, Indian Head Massages and taught us a dance class) and Natalie (Chief Hiker & Photographer).
HELLO! I actually have writers block (definitely felt like Carrie Bradshaw when I wrote that). 2017 got off to a really good start in terms of blogging and has slowly died down, I need to get back into the swing of things but sometimes it can be SUCH a struggle. There’s so many posts and ideas I have but I can’t get to the stage of actually getting the content together. I didn’t want you all to think I’ve done a disappearing act so I thought I’d do a bit of a ‘life update’ post!
I’ve had a couple of big changes in my life the past two months. I started a new job (which doesn’t really feel like a ‘new’ job as I worked there for 4 years previously). I have left The Fashion Retail Academy and have re-joined all my girls at Henry Fox Recruitment (a fashion recruitment agency). It’s really lovely to be back there and feels like I’ve never been away, I feel much happier overall and like a dark cloud has been lifted. You don’t realise it until you change jobs but when you are unhappy at work, it can really consume your whole overall mood. If you are dreading going to work tomorrow (because you hate your job), make a change NOW. Life is way too short.
February has been SO rubbish in terms of blogging. I have been really busy and just changed jobs so it’s been a bit crazy. I anticipated to have loads of fun posts this month but sometimes you just can’t make it happen. Anyway…I would like to introduce my second GIRLBOSS guests, THE SQUIRREL SISTERS!
Sophie and Gracie Tyrell run the Squirrel Sisters blog and are also the creators of the delicious squirrel bars. They are my FAVOURITE snack bar and come in flavours including Coconut Cashew, Cacao Brownie, Raspberry Ripple & Cacao Orange. Can you guess which one I love most!? The girls focus on living a healthy, balanced lifestyle and have some amazing recipes and health + wellness tips on their blog.
I caught up with Sophie and Gracie to find out what they have been loving recently and to find out what’s coming up next for the SQUIRREL SISTERS!
1. What’s your go-to green smoothie recipe? It doesn’t end up looking that green but a favourite smoothie at the moment is: kale, berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries), water or almond milk. Simple but delicious.
2. I LOVE squirrel bars, especially coconut + cashew! Will we be seeing any further flavours or products from you this year? You will…we are aiming to launch our new product in April so keep your eyes peeled.
3. What is the one thing you NEVER miss in your morning routine? GRACIE – I never forget to moisturise, I always use a moisturiser with SPF as well to keep my skin protected throughout the day. SOPHIE – My morning cup of herbal tea (I can’t go in for caffeine too early).
4. What are your favourite beauty and skincare products at the moment? GRACIE – I love Kiehls Avocado Creamy Eye Treatment and also love Westlab Detox Salts. SOPHIE – The Neals Yard Rose Facial Oil. My skin always gets a bit dry in the winter so putting this on at night always helps.
5. There’s been a squirrel wedding recently (and another to come I believe), what advice would you give to all the brides to be out there? Our advice would be to remember that your wedding day is not about anyone but YOU two so don’t let anyone make decisions for you, make you feel stressed or guilty…do what you two want to do because it’s your day and no one else’s. From our own experience weddings can bring out the worst side of people so just remember to ignore it as it’s your day, the biggest day of your life and you will never get that day again so make sure it’s what you want, not what other people want. Another piece of advice would be to make sure you two get a moment alone together on the day; the whole day will be overwhelming and everyone will want to talk to you so before you know it you haven’t actually spent anytime with each other so make sure you have some alone time planned in advance.
6. Do you have any fun exercise classes that you attend regularly? We both recently tried out KOBOX recently and it was by far the best class we’ve ever done. We were stiff for a good few days afterwards.
7. What do you LOVE to indulge in? GRACIE – Pizza and Red Wine. I am loving Franco Manca at the moment, they use slow-rising sourdough for the bases which make them so delicious and the toppings are so fresh. SOPHIE – Dark Chocolate, Red Wine + Cheese.
8. Have you been reading any great books recently? We are both really into audiobooks at the moment, they are a great way to pass the time on the morning commute. Both of us really enjoyed ‘The Diet Myth’ by Tim Spector. We highly recommend reading this (or listening to it). It’s really fascinating and will teach you a lot.
9. Where is the best place you have both travelled to? GRACIE – Santorini, Greece. It was absolutely stunning. SOPHIE – Italy. I love the culture, food, beaches and the prosecco!
10. What’s your favourite dish to cook at the moment? GRACIE – I have been making kale + chicken curry recently using lots of spices and herbs. I will be putting the recipe on our blog soon! It’s really filling, delicious and good for you. SOPHIE – I’ve been enjoying lots of comforting, warm dishes recently (with the cold weather) like soups and stews, which I make in my slow cooker.
Check out the blog for more healthy and nutritious recipes (and to purchase some squirrel bars)! My favourites are Matcha Porridge & Kale Soup.
Thanks Squirrel Sisters for taking part in my GIRLBOSS series! Can’t wait to find out what the new product is, eeeee. #TREATYOURHEALTH
PEACE, LOVE + COCONUTS.
NEOM ORGANICS is one of my all time favourite brands and I was recently invited by Nicola Elliott Moss (NEOM Founder and GIRLBOSS) to come along to their treatment rooms to experience one of their wellbeing treatments. I went along last Saturday to the store in Wimbledon and the whole experience was wonderful from the moment I walked through the door.
The girls at NEOM were so accommodating and took me into a relaxation room to wind down prior to my treatment.
I have teamed up with ANNEMARIE BÖRLIND to review some of their skincare products. I wanted to get a real feel for the products so my skin has time to adapt and I have been trialling them for the past 4/5 weeks.
NATURAL. ETHICAL. FREE FROM. ECO-FRIENDLY. VEGAN.
ANNEMARIE BÖRLIND is a natural cosmetics brand who were established in 1959 and all their products are developed and produce in the BLACK FOREST in Germany. How magical does that sound!?
TUB TIME is the time of day I look forward to all day. It’s the one thing that really relaxes me after a day at work, eases all stresses + strains and rids my body of negative energy. I want to share with you some of my favourite products that I like to use every week when perfecting the ultimate BUBBLE BATH.
I’m really excited to announce I have become a NEALS YARD Consultant! It’s a brand I have really fallen in love within the last year since switching to natural + organic beauty products so I can’t wait to share more with you all.
If you haven’t tried their products before they are an absolute MUST and come in the most DIVINE blue bottles!
As promised I said I would post about all the things I bought whilst in Bali. I had read beforehand that it was good for shopping and it DID NOT disappoint.